A Pre-preliminary plan is an optional step in the subdivision process that allows an applicant to submit a conceptual plan to receive advice on certain aspects of the proposed subdivision. The plan can be submitted for staff review only or can go before the Planning Board for either a binding or non-binding decision.
Forest conservation does not need to be addressed with this plan type.
Development Review Committee (DRC):
In most cases, pre-preliminary plans go to DRC.
The applicant may decide between getting a staff review only or going before the Planning Board to receive either a binding or non-binding decision.
Staff review only:¬† $3,000
Staff review and Planning Board review:¬† $4,000
Planning Board Hearing must take place within 90 days of intake acceptance.
Pre-preliminary Plans may not be amended.¬† You may only change the results of a Pre-preliminary Plan with a new Pre-preliminary plan application.
Fill out this application form and email the PDF to APPLY@montgomeryplanning.org.¬† Once our team has received the application and entered it into our system, the primary contact listed on the application form will be asked to upload files to ePlans.
- Pre-preliminary Plan – Upload Checklist
- Pre-preliminary Plan – Application Form
- Fee Schedule and Worksheet
- Regulatory Review Extension Request Application Form
- Subdivision Regulation Waiver Request Application Form
- Subdivision Regulation Waiver Request Requirements
- Adequate Public Facilities/Plan Validity Extension Request Form
Guides and Tools
- HOAs and Civic Associations Generator
- Administrative Procedures for Development Review
- Local Area Transportation Review (LATR) and Transportation Policy Area Review (TPAR) Guidelines
- Traffic Study Scoping Form
- How to Participate Effectively in the Development Review Process Brochure
- ePlans Applicant User Guide
- Combined Preliminary and Site Plan Application Guide
- See the Montgomery County Department of Transportation‚Äôs¬†Development Review¬†page for their development review application.