Local Area Transportation Review (LATR)
These guidelines are intended to ensure that development in Montgomery County is accompanied by appropriate and sufficient transportation facilities. They are used by the Planning Board and staff to estimate the impacts of development on the transportation network and determine effective ways to mitigate that impact.
- View the 2022 LATR Guidelines
- LATR Kit for Applicants
- Technical Guidance: 2016 Subdivision Staging Policy (SSP) ADA Non-Compliance Test Procedures for Urbanized Areas
- Traffic Counts During COVID-19 Pandemic, April 30, 2020
- Pedestrian Level of Comfort Methodology
- Bicycle Level of Traffic Stress Methodology
In 1973, the County Council adopted an Adequate Public Facilities Ordinance and granted the Planning Board administrative oversight to ensure that adequate public facilities exist to accommodate growth. Since then, Montgomery County has considered the impacts of development on the transportation system, guided by the County Council’s Growth and Infrastructure Policy, which is reviewed on a four-year cycle.
The 2022 LATR Guidelines implement the Growth and Infrastructure Policy to measure development impacts on local roads near the development site.
- 2021 Approved LATR Guidelines
- 2017 Approved LATR Guidelines
- 2013 Approved LATR Guidelines
- 2007 Draft LATR and PAMR Guidelines
- 2004 Approved and Adopted LATR Guidelines
- Electronic Submission of Traffic Counts – Procedures and File Format (1.5 MB)
- Digital Traffic Count Template File (xls)
- Table of Intersection ID Numbers (xls)
- Map 1: LATR Standards by Policy Area
- Map 2: PAMR Trip Mitigation Requirements by Policy Area
Send submissions of or requests for traffic counts for LATR to MCPfirstname.lastname@example.org.