A Mixed Income Housing Community Plan is permitted only in certain zones. It is intended for land uses that meet the definition of a Mixed Income Housing Community as stated in the Zoning Ordinance. This plan takes the place of a sketch plan and site plan, which would otherwise be required.
Before submitting a Mixed Income Housing Community Plan, a Natural Resources Inventory (NRI) or Forest Conservation Plan Exemption (FCPE) must be approved. In cases where an Forest Conservation Plan Exemption has not been confirmed, a Forest Conservation Plan must be submitted concurrently with the Mixed Income Housing Community Plan.
Development Review Committee (DRC):
Mixed Income Housing Community Plans do not go to DRC.
Mixed Income Housing Community Plans are reviewed by staff and submitted for action (approval or disapproval) by the Montgomery County Planning Board. The Planning Board approves the Mixed Income Housing Community Plan after Administrative Subdivision Plan approval (if applicable) and before building permits can be issued.
Mixed Income Housing Community Plan fees vary by project specifications. Consult page 5 of our fee schedule to determine fee.
Planning Board Hearing must take place within 60 days of intake acceptance.
Mixed Income Housing Community Plans may be amended. Before submitting an application, applicants must meet with planning staff and receive an amendment checklist that outlines the required submission items.
Complete the following steps:
- Fill out this application form and email the PDF to APPLY@montgomeryplanning.org. Once our team has received the application and entered it into our system, the primary contact listed on the application form will be asked to upload files to ePlans.
- ePlans: After applying, log into ePlans and upload documents and drawings. ePlans will generate emails to applicants prompting when to pay fees, what revisions are requested, when Development Review Committee and Planning Board dates are scheduled, when to upload or download documents, etc.
- Mixed Income Housing Community Plan – Application Upload Guide
- Mixed Income Housing Community Plan – Application Form
- Fee Schedule and Worksheet
- Certificate of Compliance
- Mixed Income Housing Community Plan Notice Letter
- Sign Template
- Sign Posting Procedures
- Developer’s Certificate
- Regulatory Review Extension Request Application Form
- Adequate Public Facilities/Plan Validity Extension Request Form
Guides and Tools
- Amendment Tools
- HOAs and Civic Associations Generator
- Site Plan Surety Maintenance Agreement
- Site Plan Surety Maintenance Agreement Exhibit Example
- Owner’s Affidavit of Authority
- Administrative Procedures for Development Review
- Local Area Transportation Review (LATR) and Transportation Policy Area Review (TPAR) Guidelines
- Traffic Study Scoping Form
- How to Participate Effectively in the Development Review Process Brochure
- ePlans Applicant User Guide
- See the Montgomery County Department of Transportation’s Development Review page for their development review application.