An Administrative Subdivision Plan is used to create, consolidate, or adjust lots and property lines. Administrative Subdivision Plans are much like Preliminary Plans, except rather than being acted on by the board, they are approved or denied administratively by the Planning Director.
Before submitting a Administrative Subdivision Plan, a Natural Resources Inventory (NRI) or Forest Conservation Plan Exemption (FCPE) must be approved. In cases where an FCP Exemption has not been confirmed, a Forest Conservation Plan must be submitted concurrently with the Administrative Subdivision Plan.
Development Review Committee (DRC):
Administrative Subdivision Plans always go to DRC.
Administrative Subdivision Plans are reviewed by staff and submitted for action (approval or disapproval) by the Planning Director. Planning Director approval of the plan is necessary prior to preparation of a record plat.
Administrative Subdivision Plan fees vary by project specifications. Consult page 2 of our fee schedule to determine fee.
Application must be approved or denied within 90 days of intake acceptance.
Administrative Subdivision Plans may be amended. Before submitting an application, applicants must meet with planning staff and receive an amendment checklist that outlines the required submission items.
Fill out this application form email the PDF to APPLY@montgomeryplanning.org. Once our team has received the application and entered it into our system, the primary contact listed on the application form will be asked to upload files to ePlans.
- Administrative Subdivision Plan – Intake Checklist (NEW – Applicants must submit as part of application)
- Administrative Subdivision Plan – Application Form
- Fee Schedule and Worksheet
- Administrative Subdivision Plan – Applicant Guide (Previously known as Upload Checklist)
- Certificate of Compliance
- Administrative Subdivision Notice Letter
- Sign Template
- Sign Posting Procedures
- Regulatory Review Extension Request Application Form
- Subdivision Regulation Waiver Request Application Form
- Subdivision Regulation Waiver Request Requirements
- Adequate Public Facilities/Plan Validity Extension Request Form
- DOT Storm Drain Checklist
Guides and Tools
- HOAs and Civic Associations Generator
- Administrative Procedures for Development Review
- Local Area Transportation Review (LATR) and Transportation Policy Area Review (TPAR) Guidelines
- Addressing and Street Naming Guidelines and Procedures Manual
- Traffic Study Scoping Form
- How to Participate Effectively in the Development Review Process Brochure
- ePlans Applicant User Guide
- See the Montgomery County Department of Transportation’s Development Review page for their development review application.