New project plans are no longer accepted. Project Plan amendments are the only form of Project Plan that is still reviewed. Before submitting an application, applicants must meet with planning staff and receive an amendment checklist that outlines the required submission items. A Project Plan sets the development density, height limit, and public amenities for optional method projects in the CBD zones under the 2004 Zoning Ordinance.
Forest conservation does not need to be addressed with this plan type.
Development Review Committee (DRC):
Project plan amendments typically go to DRC.
Varies by project. Project Plan applications for major amendments typically receive a full Planning Board hearing. Minor amendments may be acted on administratively.
Project Plan fees vary by project specifications. Consult page 4 of our fee schedule to determine fee.
Project Plans may only be submitted as amendments. Before submitting an application, applicants must meet with planning staff and receive an amendment checklist that outlines the required submission items.
Fill out this application form and email the PDF to APPLY@montgomeryplanning.org. Once our team has received the application and entered it into our system, the primary contact listed on the application form will be asked to upload files to ePlans.
Guides and Tools
- HOAs and Civic Associations Generator
- Administrative Procedures for Development Review
- Local Area Transportation Review (LATR) and Transportation Policy Area Review (TPAR) Guidelines
- Traffic Study Scoping Form
- How to Participate Effectively in the Development Review Process Brochure
- ePlans Applicant User Guide
- Combined Preliminary and Site Plan Application Guide
- See the Montgomery County Department of Transportation’s Development Review page for their development review application.