MARC Rail Communities Plan
Marc Rail Communities Plan
The new MARC Rail Communities Plan will build on the recommendations of the previous 1985 Boyds Master Plan, the 1989 Germantown Master Plan and the 2009 Germantown Employment Area Sector Plan, and will examine in greater detail the land uses, zoning, design and multimodal access to the two MARC stations. Specifically, this limited Master Plan will:
- Determine the appropriate land uses and densities at sites near each station.
- Provide recommendations to improve multimodal access to each station (using information gathered during the Master Plan of Highways and Transitways and the Bicycle Master Plan to help inform the access portion of this plan).
- Consider other concerns raised during the planning process (i.e. parking).
News and Events
June 21, 2018:¬†Planning Board work session #4: Germantown Connect Section Recommendations. View the staff report.
May 31, 2018: MCDOT Middlebrook Road PRSA briefing.
Public Hearing Draft:
Public Hearing Appendices:
- Boyds MARC Station Concept Study, Montgomery County Department of Transportation
- Boyds MD 117 Crossing Study Evaluation
- ¬†Transportation Analysis including the Germantown Road Diet
- Urban Land Institute Washington Leadership Institute Mini-Technical Assistance Panel
- Historic Preservation
- ‚ÄúStrategies for Maintaining Historic Character,‚ÄĚ excerpt from Vision of Boyds: A Long-Range Preservation Plan
- Policy for Parks
- Middlebrook Road Pedestrian Road Safety Audit