Montgomery Planning Will Be Closed to the Public Starting March 16 but Still Open for Business Through Online Services
March 15, 2020
Planning Department headquarters will be closed to the public with staff operating on a telework schedule; development applications can continue to be accepted online
Silver Spring – The Montgomery County Planning Department, part of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) will be closed to the public starting on March 16. Even though the Planning Department headquarters (8787 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD) will be closed to the public, staff will be operating on a telework schedule and will continue to accept development applications, work on master planning efforts and be available for any inquiries from the public during this time. The inquiries to the Montgomery Planning’s information counter should take place during regular information counter hours (9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) via email or telephone (301.495.4610).
“The health and safety of our residents and staff are our first priority,” said Planning Director Gwen Wright. “Thanks to technology, all of our Montgomery Planning operations can continue with our staff working from home. Our planning work on development applications, master plans and studies can continue uninterrupted as staff teleworks during the time of social distancing.”
Additionally, the Montgomery County Planning Board meeting on March 26 will take place via a video conferencing service. Details about this meeting will be made available later.
There are many ways to continue to work with Montgomery Planning staff through online services or via phone:
- All development applications can be submitted online through ePlans on the main development page: montgomeryplanning.org/development page.
- If you need information on a development plan currently in progress, check out the Dev Finder interactive map which includes a map and features of projects.
- Questions on property matters can be directed to Development Application and Regulatory Coordination staff at 301.495.4610 or at InfoCounter@montgomeryplanning.org
- Any other development review questions can be directed to staff responsible for the development review of applications that are geographic specific. Visit our Communities page to find the staff responsible for projects in specific parts of the county organized by Area 1, Area 2 or Area 3.
- Go to the Contact Us webpage to find important contact information for staff.
- Learn about the development review process by consulting the Development Review brochure in English and en Espanol.
- Sign up for the Parks + Plans weekly eletter and other project-specific eletters to get the latest information on all things Montgomery Planning.
- To find out about the latest master plans in progress, check out the project pages on the following plans:
General Plan Update:
Thrive Montgomery 2050
The Planning Board will not be meeting this Thursday, March 19 due to a previously scheduled conflict. Check MontgomeryPlanningBoard.org for updates on how to participate remotely (either by phone or online) in future Planning Board meetings.