2010 White Flint Sector Plan
White Flint Sector Plan
Midtown on the Pike
Approved and Adopted April 2010
The Montgomery County Council unanimously approved the White Flint Sector Plan in March 2010. This Sector Plan updates the 1992 North Bethesda Garrett Park Master Plan. Stakeholders including property owners, residents, a steering and an advisory committee, contributed to the Plan vision.
The White Flint Sector Plan aims to:
- Create thriving, diverse mixed use center with highest intensity closest to Metro and along Rockville Pike
- Create new parks and open spaces
- Transform Rockville Pike into a boulevard with street trees and improved crosswalks
- Develop a transportation network that includes a grid of new public streets
- Improve the pedestrian and bicycling environment
- Promote sustainable development
In 2010 the Plan won the “Neighborhood/Small Area Plan Award” from the National Capital Area chapter of the American Planning Association. The Plan also received a 2012 Maryland Sustainable Growth Award-Smart Growth Communities for White Flint implementation strategies.
Development Projects in White Flint
View map full screen