Several private and public sector projects have been approved since the Sector Plan was adopted, including Derwood Bible, Somerville Property, and Casey 6 and 7.
Learn more about each plan:
- Townes at Shady Grove -(F.K.A. Somerville)
- David F. Bone Equipment Maintenance and Transit Operations Center (EMTOC)- (F.K.A. EMOC at Casey 6 and 7)
Shady Grove Station (Montgomery County Service Park Redevelopment)
Montgomery County officials in the County Executive’s Office are leveraging public land at the Montgomery County Service Park, located in the sector plan area along Crabbs Branch Way, while investing in new public facilities and creating an urban village. The County purchased several properties to facilitate the service park redevelopment as envisioned in the sector plan, including Casey 6 and 7, the Webb Tract on Snouffer School Road, and the GE Tech/National Geographic site on Darnestown Road (Route 28).
The County signed an agreement with EYA of Bethesda to begin redeveloping a portion of CSP into residential and non-residential development, beginning with the west side of Crabbs Branch Way.
- January 23, 2014: The Planning Board approved Shady Grove Station-Westside for 1,521 residential dwelling units, including 211 Moderately Priced Dwelling Units and 116 Workforce Housing units; 41,828 square feet of retail and space for a public library. The Board also approved Shady Grove Station Public Infrastructure for Shady Grove Station. The proposed project will: reconstruct Crabbs Branch Way between Shady Grove Road to the Metro Access Road into an urban boulevard with on-street parking, new streetscape and shared use paths; install a new sidewalk along the Shady Grove Road and new crosswalks at the intersection of Crabbs Branch Way and Shady Grove Road; construct a new hiker/biker trail at the stormwater management parcel at Crabbs Branch Way and Redland Road; construct a new sidewalk with streetscape and roadway modifications at the Shady Grove Metro Station exit road; and upsize the existing sanitary sewer to serve the Shady Grove Station development.
- February 13, 2013: EYA presented the site plan for the Shady Grove Station west side at a public meeting. The west side of Shady Grove Station will build 1,114 multi-family dwelling units, 407 residential townhouses, and a public library.
- September 6, 2012: The Planning Board will consider a preliminary plan application for Shady Grove Station (County Service Park redevelopment) preliminary plan.
- September 19, 2011: Montgomery County and EYA presented the preliminary plan for the Service Park redevelopment at the Parks Department Training Center on Crabbs Branch Way.
Montgomery County Capital Improvements Program
The County’s CIP lists long-range development plans for capital projects from different County agencies. The County Executive must submit a CIP to the Council every other year, under Section 302 of the County’s Charter.
- Redland Road from Crabbs Branch Way to Baederwood Lane
This project includes widening a portion of Redland Road along with storm drain modifications and a new 8’ shared use path that improves pedestrian and bike access in the area.
- MCPS Bus Depot and Maintenance Relocation
This is a comprehensive feasibility study to relocate MCPS school buses.