Montgomery County Planning Board and Planning Department announce August 2022 events
July 27, 2022
Planning Board on recess until September 8; Historic Preservation Commission and Development Review Committee meetings continue
WHEATON, MD – The Montgomery County Planning Board and the Montgomery County Planning Department, both part of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), have announced their August 2022 calendar of events and meetings. All persons attending Planning Board meetings in person at M-NCPPC’s Wheaton Headquarters (2425 Reedie Drive, Wheaton, MD 20902) must be vaccinated, must sign up in advance, and may be required to show proof of vaccination. Those who participate are expected to observe general rules of decorum and address only the issues relevant to the decision before the Planning Board.
Residents can continue to participate in Planning Board meetings by testifying virtually and watching the meetings on the Planning Board’s live stream. Community members may sign up to testify and provide comments in person, through Microsoft Teams, or over the phone to the Planning Board during the meeting on specific agenda items. Written testimony must be submitted in advance of the meeting. Contact us for accessibility accommodations.
There are many ways to participate in Planning Board meetings:
- Watch the Planning Board meeting live online and on demand.
- Listen live over the phone to the Planning Board meeting by calling: 866-774-0898 Password: 24252020
- Sign up to testify via Microsoft Teams, over the phone, or in person during the Planning Board meeting. To testify, fill out the Sign Up to Testify form by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting.
- On the afternoon before the meeting, you will receive an email with a phone number to call during a designated time to provide your testimony for a specific agenda item. Submitting this form online by the deadline is the only way to testify on meeting items.
- If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 301-495-4605, and a staff member in the Planning Board Chair’s office will contact you.
- Email your written testimony with comments on specific Planning Board agenda items to email@example.com by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting. Items received after this date and time will not be included in the record.
- For ADA accommodations or to request materials in alternate formats, consult the Montgomery Planning Accessibility webpage or contact the Montgomery Planning ADA Coordinator at 301-495-1324.
For more details, review the list of events below and visit www.montgomeryplanning.org. These events are subject to change.
August 1 – Register for the Makeover Montgomery 5 conference hosted by Montgomery Planning and University of Maryland National Center for Smart Growth, scheduled for September 22 through 24 with a focus on resilience. Share ideas with regional thought leaders, earn continuing education credit and network at the M-NCPPC Wheaton Headquarters. Learn more about the conference and how to register.
August 1 – The Fairland and Briggs Chaney Placemaking Festival is scheduled for October 21 and 22, and volunteers are needed to temporarily reimagine the Briggs Chaney Park and Ride. The effort will bring together residents, visitors, local business owners, and representatives of civic associations to make the space a vibrant place for the community to gather. If you are interested in volunteering for the event or the building of the site, please contact Angelica Gonzalez via email.
August 2 – The Development Review Committee (DRC) will meet in person and virtually. The community is invited to attend the meeting online by watching the live video stream or viewing on-demand. View the August 2 DRC agenda.
August 2 – Meet Montgomery Planning staff at the East County Community Night Out event at the White Oak Garden Apartments Mini Park (1600 Lockwood Drive, Silver Spring, MD 2090) from 4 to 8 p.m., and learn more about how you can be involved in the future of Fairland and Briggs Chaney. Get free gear, talk to planners about the master plan process currently in progress, and learn about the upcoming Fairland and Briggs Chaney Placemaking Festival scheduled for October 21 and 22.
August 16 – The Development Review Committee (DRC) will meet in person and virtually. The community is invited to attend the meeting online by watching the live video stream or viewing on-demand. View the August 16 DRC agenda.
August 17 – The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) will hold its meeting in person at M-NCPPC’s Wheaton Headquarters with a virtual option available upon request. To testify on an agenda item, sign up no later than 9 a.m. the day before the hearing. Consult the HPC meeting webpage for agenda information.
August 30 – The Development Review Committee (DRC) will meet in person and virtually. The community is invited to attend the meeting online by watching the live video stream or viewing on-demand. View the DRC webpage to view the August 30 agenda once it is posted.
Stay connected to us online by following and liking Montgomery Planning news and information on the following social media channels: