Map & directions
The Planning Department, Planning Board meetings and the Chair’s office are located at:
8787 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
From the Capital BeltwayÂ
- Take Exit 31B, Georgia Avenue south to Silver Spring.
- Follow Georgia Avenue for about one mile to the traffic light at Spring Street.
- Turn left onto Spring Street and follow the curve to the Cameron Street Garage on the right.
- Turn right and proceed across the outdoor parking lot to spaces in front of the building.
From NW Washington, DC
- Take 16th Street north to Silver Spring.
- Turn right onto Spring Street (one block after East-West Highway).
- Follow Spring Street across Georgia Avenue to the Cameron Street Garage on the right.
- Turn right and proceed to the front of the outdoor parkingÂ lot.
From the Silver Spring Metro Station: Walking Directions
- Walk one block on Second Avenue to Cameron Street.
- Turn right, walk two blocks to Georgia Avenue.
- Cross Georgia Avenue.
- Turn left and walk one long block to 8787 Georgia Avenue, just beyond the Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel.
NOTE: After 5:00 p.m., parking is free in the employee parking spaces.
These bus routes stop at the Montgomery County Planning Department:
- Q1, Q2, Q4 Â â€“ Veirs Mill Road Line
- Y2, Y7, Y8 â€“ Georgia Avenue â€“ Maryland Line
- Ride-On Bus 28 â€“ Toward Silver Spring / VANGO Free Circulator â€“ Silver Spring, stops at the intersection of Cameron Street and Georgia Avenue.
For more information on bus routes, please go toÂ http://www.wmata.com.
There is a Capital Bikeshare station located at the corner of Georgia Avenue and Spring Street. Learn more.