If you don’t have a plot of land, you can still grow flowers, herbs, and vegetables. Fern Richardson writes a great blog on container gardens, Life on the Balcony. And Treehugger has put up a synopsis of her recent designs for using pallets as vertical planters.
THE THIRD PLACE
In planning, the third place is the social realm separate from home and the workplace. It provides an inclusive forum for dialogue crucial for civic engagement and community building.
- New Suburbanism: Walkability & Transit
- Lessons Learned from ULI Fall Meeting: Authenticity is key to great places
- Placemaking in Action
- New Suburbanism: Not Just for Millennials
- More on Housing as Infrastructure
- Real Estate Development *Is* Infrastructure
- Public Spaces in Living Color
- Retail and Office Markets
- Housing Preferences and Affordability
- Population, Job Growth and Housing Supply