Protecting Forests – Online Mapping Tool
Easement Locator Tool
- Find easements with the mouse and zoom bar, or by typing a place or address into the entry box (top, right).
- Click the blue āiā in the “identify” box, then click on a property on the map for more information.
- Report an easement violation by clicking the corresponding box and following the directions on screen.
Click here to maximize the Easement Locator Tool in your browser
Reporting a violation
If you witness a potential violation in an easement, use the above application to notify us. Typical violations include:
- Mowing, grading or paving, or removal of understory in a Forest Conservation Easement
- Construction of permanent structures in either a Forest Conservation Easement or a Tree Save Easement
- Clearing or grading more than 5,000 square feet outside an easement also may be a violation. Forest conservation requirements may be necessary, so contact the Planning Department prior to starting any activity
You can find the forest conservation inspector for an area on our inspection areaĀ map.