Aspen Hill Vision Zero study
The Aspen Hill Vision Zero Study will identify existing barriers to safety and explore ways to improve safety for all road users in the area. The study will rely on traditional data collection and analysis as well as new tools to identify issues and promote solutions. The study will bring together residents, civic associations, local businesses, County Departments, and other stakeholders.
The Aspen Hill Vision Zero Study seeks to:
- Enhance connectivity by improving safety for all road users
- Explore solutions to reduce speeds and conflicts on the road.
- Establish direct, safe connections to transit, community facilities, and other destinations.
- Examine potential for redevelopment of commercial shopping centers.
- Engage residents, business owners, and civic associations.
- Collect and analyze data to inform priorities.
Join our Advisory Group!
We are seeking participants for the Aspen Hill Vision Zero Study Advisory Group and we hope you will consider being part of this effort.¬† Fill out the application.
The purpose of the Advisory Group is to provide a forum for community members to work with planning staff to identify the key challenges and problems in the community.¬† This advisory group will be selected through an application process that is intended to identify a variety of interest groups with diverse perspectives.¬† The group will consist of 8-12 community members who will meet once a month over a six-month period, from January to July 2019.¬† Meetings will be held on a week night or weekend day in the Aspen Hill area.¬† The advisory group will provide advice and suggestions to the planners as they develop draft recommendations for the study area, and then present them to the broader community, the Planning Board, and the County Council.