Greater Lyttonsville Plan Meetings and Outreach
Plan Work Sessions and Council Action
The Montgomery County Planning Board will hold work sessions on the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan starting in March 2016. The sessions will continue as needed for the Board to fully discuss the community testimony as well as issues Board members want to address.
At the conclusion of the work sessions, the Plan will be revised at the Planning Board‚Äôs direction before being transmitted to the County Council and County Executive as the Planning Board Draft. The County Council will hold a public hearing on the Planning Board Draft of the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan later in 2016.
- View the Greater Lyttonsville Worksession Schedule and¬†listen live¬†(worksessions will be held at Montgomery Planning Headquarters, 8787 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910).
Planning Board Draft
The Planning Board Draft was approved by the Planning Board on July 14. The Planning Board Draft presented to the Board included the changes made in response to the requests by the Greater Lyttonsville community to clarify the use of the urban road code, district boundaries and language in the Plan Draft. It also included the addition of the proposal by EYA.
View the¬†Planning Board Draft.
Public Hearing Draft
Community residents and property owners testified primarily about proposed zoning changes in the Plan and their potential effect on density, school capacity and transportation issues.
View the Public Hearing Draft of the¬†Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan[PDF]¬†(pdf, 12MB). This posting follows the Montgomery County Planning Board‚Äôs approval of the Working Draft as the Public Hearing Draft on Thursday, December 17, 2015. The Public Hearing Draft reflects changes in response to issues that were raised by the Lyttonsville community over zoning classifications, district boundaries and language in the Plan Draft.
The public is also invited to submit comments on the Public Hearing Draft of the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan via email to¬†firstname.lastname@example.org. These comments will become part of the public testimony and public record for the Plan.
Learn more¬†about the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan Public Hearing Draft.
- ¬†Review the¬†Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan County Council Presentation¬†[PDF]¬†of the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan
- ¬†Review the¬†Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan Planning Board Draft Appendix¬†[PDF]¬†of the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan
- Updated!¬†View the¬†Density Yields ‚Äď Planning Board Draft¬†‚Äď Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan
- ¬†View the¬†Planning Board Draft¬†[PDF]¬†of the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan
- View the Public Hearing Draft of the¬†Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan
- View the Public Record for the Sector Plan (as of May 3, 2016)
Public Agency Correspondence¬†[PDF]
Public Correspondence As Of June 1, 2016¬†[PDF]
Public Correspondence From June 1, 2016 To Current¬†[PDF]
- View the¬†Resumen de Plan of the Plan de Sector de Greater Lyttonsville¬†[PDF]¬†(pdf, 2MB)
- View the November 18 GreaterLP community meeting presentation¬†here¬†[PDF].
- Check out the¬†Brookville Road Market Analysis Report¬†[PDF]and¬†presentation¬†[PDF]
- Check out the¬†Infographic¬†[PDF]¬†of the Lyttonsville Market Findings produced by our Research and Special Projects Team
- Listen¬†to staff brief the Planning Board on the progress of the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan on October 16, 2014
- Review the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan Briefing Book:¬†The¬†briefing book¬†[PDF]¬†(pdf, 38MB)summarizes the existing conditions within the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan Area as of April 2014. It is intended to be used as a reference for the Sector Plan community.
Montgomery Plans segment
The Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan has been in full swing this summer. Check out this video segment with planners Erin Banks and Melissa Williams and learn how to get involved with the future of shaping the #greaterLP area. This segment is currently airing in the latest edition of Montgomery Plans:
Planning Staff hosted a series of Monday evening meetings in June for the Greater Lyttonsville community to attend and learn more about the planning process for the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan. Various stakeholders learned about specific subject areas such as: urban design, historic preservation, land use, parks, environment and transportation. The planning team discussed these subject areas and how they will contribute to the overall plan, which will form the foundation for transforming the heart of Greater Lyttonsville.
The¬†Monday Matters¬†meetings were held on June 2, 9 and 16 from 6 ‚Äď 7:30 p.m. at the¬†Gwendolyn E. Coffield Center¬†(2450 Lyttonsville Road, Silver Spring, MD), 2nd Floor Classroom).
- View the presentations here:
Held July 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Gwendolyn E. Coffield Community Center, Silver Spring
Attendees gave feedback on existing strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities within the Plan Area
As a follow-up to the successful relaunch meeting held in early May, the planning team invited residents, property owners, and business owners to give their feedback on preferences for the Plan Area, to better understand current issues to make informed decisions for the future.
- View the¬†staff presentation¬†here.
- View the¬†summary maps¬†[PDF]¬†here.
- View the breakout¬†group work¬†[PDF]¬†here.
- Thank you to all those who attended!
Sunrise Series¬†Business Breakfasts
The Montgomery County Planning Department hosted two meetings as part of their ‚ÄúSunrise Series‚ÄĚ for business owners in the Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan area on Thursday, July 31 and Thursday, August 7. The purpose of these meetings were to provide an opportunity for the business community to ask questions and give feedback on the sector planning process. The early morning meetings offered free breakfast, an opportunity to meet with planners and gave the chance for attendees to answer a questionnaire.
- February 11, 2016 ‚Äď¬†Public Hearing, Montgomery County Planning Department
- December 17, 2015-¬†Planning Board Presentation, Montgomery Planning Headquarters
- November 18, 2015-¬†Working Draft Community Meeting, Coffield Center
- October 20, 2015-¬†Office Hours,¬†Coffield Center 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- September 22, 2015-¬†Office Hours, Coffield Center 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- April 29, 2015-¬†Greater Lyttonsville Plan Concepts Community Meeting, Coffield Center¬†Plan Concepts[PDF]
- January 21, 2015-¬†Greater Lyttonsville Community Meeting, Coffield Center; View presentation
- October 28, 2014-¬†Property Owners‚Äô Forum, MRO headquarters
- October 16, 2014-¬†Staff Briefing to the Planning Board, MRO headquarters¬†Presentation¬†[PDF]
- September 29, 2014 ‚Äď¬†Visioning Workshop, MRO headquarters
- August 22, 2014 ‚Äď Woodlin Elementary Schoool Open House
- August 7, 2014 ‚Äď¬†Sunrise Series¬†business breakfast
- August 5, 2014 ‚Äď National Night Out
- July 31, 2014-¬†Sunrise Series¬†business breakfast
- July 15, 2014-¬†Greater Lyttonsville Community Workshop,¬†Coffield Center
- June 16, 2014¬†Monday Matters¬†‚Äď Topic: Transportation
- June 9, 2014¬†Monday Matters¬†‚Äď Topics: Parks, Environment
- June 2, 2014 ‚Äď¬†Monday Matters¬†‚Äď Topics: Urban Design, Historic Preservation, Land Use
- May 6, 2014:¬†Sector Plan ReLaunch, Coffield Center (7:00 ‚Äď 8:30 p.m.)
- July 19, 2012: Planners presented the Greater Lyttonsville¬†Scope of Work¬†[PDF]¬†(9MB)¬†to the Planning Board
- July 12, 2012: Georgetown Branch Trail Run/Walk
- May 14, 2012:¬†Community meeting¬†[PDF](pdf, 5MB)
Planners reported on the open house held in March, offered¬†a snapshot of the area‚Äôs present and future, and ran a ‚ÄėWhat‚Äôs on your radar?‚ÄĚ exercise to help inform the plan goals.
- March 28, 2012: Community Open House
Planners learned more about the community‚Äôs strengths and what residents would like to see change. Read the¬†press release.
In addition to coming to outreach events, you can schedule a time to meet with Staff in our offices in Silver Spring, in Greater Lyttonsville, or at your own group‚Äôs meeting. To schedule a time, contact us! You can also host an event, such as a happy hour or reception, for conversation about your interests or concerns. We will be pleased to attend. We will regularly update this list to let you know with whom we‚Äôve been meeting. Public Meetings/Workshops are in¬†bold¬†and are hosted by the Montgomery County Planning Department.