If you don’t have a plot of land, you can still grow flowers, herbs, and vegetables. Fern Richardson writes a great blog on container gardens, Life on the Balcony. And Treehugger has put up a synopsis of her recent designs for using pallets as vertical planters.
THE THIRD PLACE
In planning, the third place is the social realm separate from home and the workplace. It provides an inclusive forum for dialogue crucial for civic engagement and community building.
- The Evolving Role of Public Artwork in Montgomery County
- Montgomery Planning on the National Stage
- Focusing Vision Zero in the Suburbs
- Where are the Family-Sized Apartments?
- Eight Ways to Build a Better Urban Park
- Parking Lots: Before and After
- Housing Alternatives Needed for County Residents
- Montgomery County’s Think Tank
- From Corporate Offices to Centers of Learning
- Montgomery Modern Bus Tour 2017